Thursday 1 September 2011

A happy greyhound and fond farewells

Hello folks! Sorry I've been rather quiet for the last week or so, it's been all busy, busy. busy, this end.  I have a couple of exciting little projects I've been working on (one of which allowed me to justify visiting the Selfridges Christmas shop for inspiration - happy times!)  There have also been a lot of social engagements, including family gatherings.  The latter especially as my oldest brother will be leaving this country on friday to begin a new life with his long-term girlfriend in Australia.  It didn't hit me until a couple of days ago that he is really going - and now I suddenly realise that I don't know when I will see him again.  I truly hope that he enjoys his life out there, even though I'm only just grasping how much I'm going to miss him!

Like me, my brother is a big fan of dogs.  So, without further ado I present my finished greyhound illustration, which was first published on We Draw Dogs blog.  The canine-focused project is still ongoing, so be sure to check back there for more doggy pictures.  Or, if you too are handy with a brush and/or pen... why not send them a picture of your own!

I hope that this week you're all as happy as this dog looks.  Peace!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it! Dogs have such a carefree joyfulness about them I think... must be why I like them so much.

    ReplyDelete