Tuesday 26 April 2011

A week in photos - flowers, markets and more flowers!

Hello hello! My apologies that I didn't post at all last week, I've had my head down busily working away on some brand spanking new work. At times like that I can't help but think 'argh I don't have time to blog, I need to work!', though I know that's probably not the right attitude to have...

The pieces aren't quite ready to reveal yet, so in the meantime, here's some photos from my week up in Leicestershire.

Tuesday - continental market. These are pretty common in the UK nowadays but the one visiting on this occasion was particularly varied and well presented. Gotta love those gorgeous Dutch flowers!





Greek market selling everything from feta cheese topped flatbreads to different varieties of parika.





Disco disco dicso... crepes?



Friday - what's mum been growing in the garden while I've been gone? Well many things, including forget-me-nots, daffodils, violets, primroses... as well as this snake's head fritillary, which despite it's exotic looks is a rarely-seen British wildflower. I was so pleased to see them for real that I decided to include some in one of my new pieces!







Sunday - time to go home... well almost! First let's squash in a trip to the nearby arboretum and another rare find, this time a horsehair. It's an odd plant that looks a bit like a stick of asparagus growing out of the ground (perhaps its related to asparagus? I don't even know if the horsehair is technically a plant, actually! Research needed...) And, a cherry tree that I simply couldn't resist. I don't think I've ever seen one so heavily loaded with blossoms!






Hope you all have fun this friday and for those of you that just don't want to know... good luck with shutting it all out (I promise I won't say the W-word!) Thanks for reading, as always xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment