Wednesday 3 August 2011

Sketchbook drawings - go go greyhounds!

Hello, hello and welcome! Blimey it's hot, innit? Everyone was wondering where the summer went and it seems to have now returned with a vengeance. When I've not been outside enjoying the fine weather I've been working on a fun little project, a picture for the We Draw Dogs blog, which was organised by my pal Jo Cheung. The final piece will be (hopefully) finished and sent off today, but for now here's some pages from my sketchbook - I settled on doing a greyhound in the end, it's a breed I really adore for its calm and affectionate nature.







4 comments:

  1. Emma, these are wonderful. Did I tell you I have a greyhound? He looks like this: http://www.gorge.org/photography/misc/cray.shtml and http://www.gorge.org/photography/misc/colour.shtml :-)

    The RGT might like to show your pictures in their magazine - just a thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Flash, I'm glad you like them! Your wee doggy is gorgeous, when I have time/money/space I would love to adopt to a retired racing greyhound. So if you reckon it might help the cause (or just decorate an issue of their mag!) helping the Retired Greyhound Trust would be a pleasure. Do you know if there's anyone in particular there that I should contact regarding that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very nice blog, I love your drawings of dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much Marianne, you're most kind!

    ReplyDelete